1. It was unveiled 10 years after the project began in 2006.
2. It is due to be commissioned by 2019.
3. It has more cameras than gun barrels.
4. New AFV optronics are designed for the hunter-killer role.
5. Imagine: Glass cockpit.
6. It is the first AFV designed and built in Singapore that shed the 3-metre limitation on vehicle width. The New AFV is noticeably larger than the M113 Ultra it will replace and the Bionix family.
L: 6.9m, W: 3.28m, H: 3.2m
3 crew + 8 dismounted
L: 5.32m, W: 2.8m, H: 2.8m
2 crew + 9 dismounted
7. The relaxation of the width limitation recognises the New AFV's role as a consort to heavy armour such as the Leopard 2SG main battle tank and SAF Armour's future tank-killing vehicles.
8. You should see its stablemate.
You may also like:
The old and the new #tank. Click here.
Tidbits on the SAF. Click here
Project H. Click here